Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Our new blog


My friend Alana convinced me to create a family blog - so here we are!


Hum... seeing as how this is the first post, maybe we'll do a quick run-down...

Sophie's first birthday was in June and I can't believe that my baby is over a year! She's been walking well since she was about 10 months old and she has quite a vocabulary for such a little girl. ;) She's saying "no-no" an awful lot now to everything... eating, putting her down, leaving grandma's house - everything! She must be our daughter with such an independent spirit as she has! Her list of words also contains: dog, doll (two of her favorites), down, cat, doe (for door), mom-mom, dad, and the other day she said diaper and plane. I must be forgetting a couple....

Aaron is working out of town a lot now that part of his job is training other people to do what he used to. He really likes his job and his boss is great, but he is gone a lot. However, we're racking up quite the frequent flyer miles :) We're hoping that next year we can actually take a real vacation (i.e. not to see family)!

Also, since he's traveling so much, his company is also paying for me and Sophie to go on some of his trips. We're going to Cebu and Manila, Philippines later this fall and are SO excited! A friend in our church is from the Philippines and still has friends and family in both cities where we'll be staying. So, she's arranged for them to show us around and whatnot! The guy in Manila that will be showing us around actually works for the Philippino president! Now isn't that the crazies 4th degree of separation! lol The hotels we're staying at (courtesy of his employer) are wonderful: http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/manila/makatishangrila and http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/cebu/mactanresort

Other than that, we're awfully boring :) My garden is doing well... now it's just trying to find good recipes for tomatoes and especially banana peppers - - remind me again why I planted 8 banana pepper plants! Let me know if you have any ideas!

2 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Yeah! I'm SO excited! What a nice hotel - hope you guys have an awesome time - I'm sure you will. About the banana peppers, I think you can can them. We like to put them on sandwiches, or in salads. I'm sure you could go to www.foodnetwork.com, enter "banana peppers" and it'll come up with a bunch of recipes. Or bring some to Church in a big bowl with a sign that says "FREE"! =)

Susan said...

Lori,
I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She is adorable. Thank you for continuing to send me pictures of her and your family. I like that you keep in touch. Give that little girl a great big hug for me. I wish I could see her. Love you guys.
Love Susan