Friday, April 17, 2009

Kids say the cutest things!


Every night before Sophie goes to bed, we go through the (seemingling endless) bedtime routine...

Bath, a Dora/Diego show (while lotioning up, jammies, milk, etc.), then family scriputre study (aka - reading a short section of the scriptures and trying to explain what happened), family prayer, potty, night-time diaper, brush teeth, book, Sophie's prayer, hugs & kisses, tuck-in, more hugs & kisses, singing, and finally... more hugs & kisses.


We've been saying family prayers and Sophie's prayers for quite some time now and she does most of them herself (her prayers anyway) and sometimes we help just a little. I've been meaning to post one of her night time prayers on the blog for quite some time and I keep forgetting... so here one is. It is SO cute. What a sweet little girl.


"Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Brielle. Thank you for Grandma & Poppa, Kassi & Joey (her aunt & uncle), and cousins.

Thank you my toe-nail polish. Thank you mom-go-exercise and I go play. Thank you for Dora. And big Dora. And Dora doll. And Diego. (All of these are her 'little dollies' that go with her doll house.) Thank you for watching TV (I promise we don't do this much, it's just one of her favorite things). Thank you for the library.


Help my owie right there (as she lifts up her pant leg and pointing - I guess showing God just which one she means). Help it feel better.


(This is the only place I help) Please help me to sleep. Please keep us safe and healthy.


Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."


6 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Cute, cute!! I just love little prayers like that. Dallin is still on the three-sentence ones.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Abby will pray with me, but if I try to get her to say her own, she refuses. Still working on that...

Teresa said...

How cute. I just love that stage. One quick tip, a friend of mine who had little children used the gospel art kit for family scripture study. She just picked on and then either read or told the story to them. Her kids really knew the stories in the scriptures. I wanted to do this when my kids were little but David didn't like the idea. He felt we needed to read straight from the scriptures. I could see his point but I think the kids get a better understanding from the pictures. Maybe a combination of the two would work. I just love your cute little girls.

Rachel said...

How precious! She's such a considerate and loving little girl!

Kati said...

That is adorable! Children's prayers are always so innocent and wonderful:)

Laura McIntyre said...

LOL that is just to cute, i love the things kids say.

And oh bedtime routine always feels endless here to