Friday, February 5, 2010

Whew, fashion.

So fashion week is going on in NYC. Anyone else want to hop a plane and go? I'd love to go. I think it's something I'm going to add to my list of stuff I want to do before I die.

Anyway, want a recap of yesterday? Of cooooouuurrssssee you do. Although, a Thursday wasn't the big names, it certainly brought some.... interesting designs. I'm just reviewing so called RTW (Ready to Wear). Yeah, this is the stuff that's supposed to be more for me and you ;)

Ooookkkkkaaay. Don't you want this little number from Giles Deacon?


What? You wore this last Halloween? Well crap. Maybe you'll like the next one.

I sooo want that purse. Can't you just see yourself walking around town with a TRICERATOPS? AND shiny pants. I mean, it'd be like it ate Dora, Boots, and Cinderella - b/c that's what I have in my bag. What about you? But wait! Hold the phone -there is ALSO a spidery tshirt and crazy glasses!?! Speaks fashion to me. If my 3 yr old dressed me that day.


This hot little number comes straight from my sister's closet circa 1989. Or NYC RTW fashion week from Elie Saab. Either one.


John Galliano also showed yesterday, as well as Miu Miu, and Hermes. Hermes actually has some fun stuff. However, as a person who recently took up tennis last year, I find it hard to believe.


Ok, I feel bad leaving yet another fashion post in a negative light. I love fashion and just leaving the blog with negative commentary about it? Hmm, didn't seem right. Fashion should be uplifting. So, have you discovered Collette Dinnigan yet? Seriously you should check her out. She's huge in Australia, but not a household name here (she even has her own stamp in AU!)... yet.


How fun is this one?

Don't you think she's some mystical water maid coming to hand you a sword or something? It's so capturing!


And I absolutely adore this one. Reminds me of a modern Hepburn or something.

1 comment:

TroxelTribe said...

How can this http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2010/resort/main/newyork/womenrunway/gilesdeacon/#slide19&ss1
be from the same Giles Deacon who gave us that hideous stuff in this post? This is beautiful! WTG on the resort wear Giles!