Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Few Observations

First off, we're back! Scotland is beautiful and Sophie did great on the planes and in the car. I'll post pics and video and whatnot later. Right now I'm EXHAUSTED but before I go and take a quick nap, thanks to my mother watching Sophie, I thought I'd post a few observations... random yes.

First, not that I agree with eating baked beans period, but you should NOT have them for breakfast! (A traditional Scottish bkfst always comes w/baked beans and you can find them everywhere!)

I've decided that it's not a small world after all; otherwise it wouldn't take so long to fly around it :) However, there are just a ton of people living and doing whatever you are. For example, we went to church in Edinburgh, Scotland and ran into two girls from Greeley (where I went to college and Aaron and I spent our first married years). Ironically, her father was the bishop of the university/singles ward (albeit after I was already married).

We spent two weeks looking at amazingly beautiful landscapes, architecture, etc. but there is nothing more beautiful than watching the sunset over the Rocky Mountains.

2 comments:

pretendingsanity said...

yay! glad you're back! Hopefully we can get together soon!

DeGooyer Family said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!!