Friday, February 29, 2008

Our Perfect Moment


I've been reading this book called "Mothering with Spiritual Power." I love it for many reasons... first of all it's a very uplifting book and doesn't dwell on what you're doing wrong but instead talks about how we can use gospel principles to make ourselves better mothers. Second, it's a quick, easy to read book. I don't have a ton of time to sit down and read all at once (who does when they have small kids?) and the book is easy to pick up and then put down again, then pick up, then put down again... you get the idea.


Anyway, the point of this post wasn't to tell you about the book so much as it was one particular part. In it the author says that while our days with our children are not perfect, we have perfect moments with each of our children each day if we keep our eyes open for it. I totally agree and wanted to relate just one of our perfect moments from today.


I was getting stuff done around the house this morning (am is always my most productive when it comes to cleaning). I was at the sink doing breakfast dishes while I had a load of clothes in the washer. I look over and Sophie is leaning up against the washer (while it's on the spin cycle) and humming... you know so that the shaking makes her voice all funny. HA! It was SO cute. Then she smiles and giggles, then hums, then giggles, then hums. It was too cute! I wish I could have got it on video.


On another note, I've been trying to get Sophie on video for the past month singing "Popcorn Popping" but every time I pull out the camera she runs over, sticks her face as close as possible and gives me her best cheesey grin. However, she can do all the motions to the song (as well as "Once there was a Snowman") and sings her best version. It's adorable.

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Lori, you are SUCH a good mom. I look up to you more than you'll ever know. =)