Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hurts like Poo

Recently I said that while getting my finger stitched back together at the hospital... and then I was mocked by my nurse for a good 5 mins or so. She was being funny though, not mean.

So, now that I've got your attention, yup, I had to have my finger stitched back together. On Friday I made the mistake of trying to break up my mom's dogs while they were fighting over... something, we're not so sure. There must have been a chewy involved or something. They've never fought before. Anyway, I put my hand on Piper's collar to pull her back and Sadie went to bite Piper's neck... and my finger was in the way. To make a long story short, the tip of my left pinky was kinda hanging off, only attached by a flab of skin on the bottom of my finger. Eww - I know. I won't gross you out too much. Yesterday while re-bandaging it Aaron took pictures for me. I had the intent of posting them here with the story, but after looking at them, I may need to run to the bathroom and didn't want to make you sick too. Let's just leave it at, 'it's gross.' Rightly so, it looks like my finger was bit off and then sewed back together.

6 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Ouch! I wanna see pictures. =) Actually, Brett wants to see them. Can you email them? =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your title "Hurts like Poo" is an understatement! Sorry! I hope it heals soon and that you get back to feeling better. And...thanks for not posting the pictures. I mean, I'm sure we would all look, out of curiosity. But I'd rather not have to throw up. :)

Kati said...

Oh my gosh! Are you ok? How are you even typing??

ErinMartinez said...

Ugh, that is my worst fear! I can't even think about something happening to my fingers! Ouch! I hope you feel better soon.

Mom Roberts said...

Your life is never dull. I'm glad you can still function with your ouchy.

Scott and Lorri said...

I'm not sure if I should say gross or cool. either way you should have posted pictures. Now when your kids get older you have a cool story to tell. it will be handed to down gen to gen. Feel special. hope you're not in to much pain.