Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Baby Samantha

Probably most of you either know Mallory or remember me talking about her - she's been my best friend since the first grade. I won't tell you how long ago that was :)

Anyway, on Oct 20th, baby Samantha Aria was born. She was only 32 wks 3 days but so far is doing great for how little she is. She was 2 lbs 14 oz when she was born - which is 4 oz more than her big brother Ryan was. Obviously she's still in the NICU growing and developing but here are some pictures of her.
Sometimes it's hard for those of us who haven't had a preemie to understand just how little they are. Well, you see the wedding ring in the picture above in comparison with little Sam's hand. Also, her diapers are about the size of a credit card.

She hasn't needed to be on a ventilator, so that's fantastic! She's also now off the C-pap which blows air into their lungs.
Mallory has been released from the hospital but still is not supposed to pick up Ryan (now a year old) and cannot drive to the hospital to see Sam. So, Sophie and I are going up to stay with her this coming week to take care of Ryan and shuttle Mallory back and forth to the hospital. SO, if you need to reach me, I'll have my cell phone (my new #, not the old one) but I won't be at home. Yay! I'm looking forward to it :) Sophie and Ryan are going to have SO much fun together!

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Congratulations, Mallory! You're all in my thoughts and prayers. =)

Anonymous said...

Tell Mallory congrats, and I'm grateful that her baby is doing well. That's awesome Lori that you're going out to be with them. What a great friend!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your support and coming out to be with us! I loved spending time with you and Sophie.