Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Vampire Cupcakes

I swear I've blogged more in the last few days than in the last few months! However, there is more to come! (You can determine if that's a good thing or a bad thing) Tonight was our church Halloween party. I am a youth leader (young womens) and our booth was a cupcake walk, so I had to make cupcakes. I decided to make vampires and they turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself).

In case you want to give it a go too, here are some basic directions...

1. Of course you have to bake and cool your cupcakes first. I think it's easier to frost cakes and cupcakes if they've been put in the freezer for 10-20 mins before you start.

2. Frost your cupcakes smooth with a spatula or knife. I used a green for the base color.

3. Next make the hair by using a star pullout - tip #16.

4. Pipe on the eyes and mouth using tip#3. Change bags and wash tip. Pipe on fangs using the #3 tip again and white frosting.

Wah-la! What do you think? I think they turned out pretty cute and they went pretty fast at the cupcake walk. Of course, the pre-teens figured out that if you lick the hair, your tongue turns blackish purple. They thought this was great fun! lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute but I see what you mean about them taking awhile! Did you see Ryan's bday cake? Care bear a la Peggy Mallory and Bridget. Very tasty and if I do say so myself quite cute!

DeGooyer Family said...

These are SO cute! I'll have to remember it for next year.

TroxelTribe said...

Thanks, I think they turned out good. Yeah, I saw pictures of Ryan's cake. It was SO cute! I'm glad you had reinforcements to help with the decorating! Ugh, it takes forever!