Monday, October 29, 2007

Cashew Chicken Casserole

This is my mom's recipe for cashew chicken. I think it qualifies as a casserole IMO. It is the absolute best cashew chicken of any kind that I've had!! I often take this over to people who are sick or just had a baby because its so yummy; you can make ahead, refridgerate it, and then pop it in the oven; and the left overs are some of the yummiest ever!

Mom's Cashew Chicken

1 chicken (I use chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken)
12 oz can of bean sprouts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
large can (or 2/3 of a bag) chow mein noodles
1 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. milk
1/4 lb salted cashews
1/2 c. chopped onions

1. Set aside some chow mein noodles (about 1/3 of what you're using). Mix all ingredients together in a medium to large bowl.
2. Spoon ingredients from bowl into a greased casserole dish. Top with the remaining chow mein noodles. Don't worry if they don't fully cover the dish.
3. Bake uncovered for 1 hr at 350 degrees.

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Sounds delish!! I'll have to try it this weekend.

DeGooyer Family said...

We made this tonight (I didn't have the sprouts or noodles) and it was SO good! Thanks so much for posting! =)

Anonymous said...

This totally qualifies as a casserole - the best stinkin' one ever! After you brought me this when Abby I was born, I tried to figure out the recipe and made it, like, once a week for quite awhile...Zac told me I couldn't make it anymore! But I think enough time has passed that I could get away with it....hahaha. ;o)