Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Solution.... OR... Super Easy Crafty Post-It Book

What do you do when you're reading the scriptures and run across a question that you have? You look in the footnotes... hmmm, there is a ton of other scripture references... do you actually take the time right then to look them up? Or do you promise yourself that you'll make sure to look your answer up later so you can finish the chapter and not get sidetracked? Then, do you actually remember to look them up? Yeah, I probably need to be better about looking things up right then, but I'm just not. I hate to interrupt the story, the flow of gospel, etc. If I start crossreferencing everything right then, by the time I finished, I'd have to re-read all that I had already read. I guess I get sidetracked easily.


So, my solution? This super cute (and easy) Post-It Book to keep with your scriptures. When you run across a question, you write it down, or the scripture reference, then move on. That way, you can finish the chapter (or whatever length you're reading) and then actually remember to go back and look up your answer. I had my young women's girls make them last night and they turned out so cute that I thought I'd post a few pictures.



I'd also thought about keeping them in my diaper bag/purse for those times when you inevitably need a piece of paper, or to entertain a 2 yr old :) Plus, it's just cute to have around the house or the office.

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

This is SO cute!! What a great idea! you could make these and sell them at craft fairs - I would buy some for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

So where can I get instructions to make one of these little things? And I LOVE the design of it -- looks very Amy Butler-ish. :o)

Kati said...

Making those was so fun! I think they are adorable! Good idea!