Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Would Wood Floors Look Funny?

I really appreciate all the ideas I've gotten (on comments and email). Thanks! I know it's a big, time consuming project to update a house, but we'll get there... eventually.

Anyway, we're trying to decide on flooring now. We'd really like to fix our floors before we do too much more to the rest of the house (except for cheap, day projects). So, do you think wood floors would look to crazy in our dining room with all that other wood? Do you think that we should go with something else besides wood, or maybe paint the doors? I just don't know. I really like the idea of wood (especially using bamboo - oowwwhhh, so green-chic), but can't envision it yet with all of the other wood. If we do use wood, should we try to match it to the existing doors in the house or just get what we want and have it a different color (the bamboo would probably be a diff color)?

Thanks for your opinions!! I wish that I had more experience doing this type of thing and could make up my mind!

1 comment:

pretendingsanity said...

I definitely say paint the doors. And wood floors always look nice. Especially if you go with a more modern grain - I'm currently lusting after bamboo! I would do the entire house in the same if you could.

Also bathroom: Paint that cabinet! And you can buy this frosty spray paint at home depot that is great for windows. I love this kind of stuff!