Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reminiscing

As this new baby has been more active and practicing her karate moves in my belly, I find myself reminiscing about when Sophie was brand new. It doesn't seem possible, in a way. She's so big now with such a large and continually expanding vocabulary, she knows so much what she wants and how she wants it, that it doesn't seem possible that she was this little bundle just two years ago. And, at the same time, it doesn't seem possible that in a few short months (well, more like 3) we'll have another little bundle. Can you believe it??





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was such an adorable baby, yes its hard to believe that another will be here soon. What will they be like? What will the look like? What sort of child will they become?

I have been doing alot of reminiscing myself just now as my older turned 3 and looking back both breaks my heart and makes me so happy. They have came so far since the beginning. Sometimes its hard not to miss the snuggles of the newborn them though

Kati said...

AWWW.......She is such an adorable little baby.....I can't wait to see the new one!

Anonymous said...

They do grow up way too fast. I remember Sophie being that little...Abby was never THAT little...but that's another story, lol.

Janet (Abby's daycare lady) takes all of the girls about every hour. But at home, Abby has been pretty good about 'telling' us when she needs to go. I've got those Cool Touch whatever Pullups and I think they helped her realize when she was about to go. Now she either takes me to the bathroom or just starts taking her pull up off and that's my clue. She went six times today!! Still one wet and one poopy pull up and, of course, diapers at night. But, we're making progress. I was surprised Janet started this early, but I figured we'd just go along with it.

Remind me again when Sophie's birthday is....