Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I hesitate...

I hesitate to post this. Maybe it's too personal. Maybe it's still feeling a little 'raw' right now, but the fact is, is that most people that see this blog are my close friends and family... those of you strangers reading, well, you don't know me, so it's ok - Just might not be the most interesting post for you I suppose.

Anyway, you might recall that Marcia, my mom's only sister, had been on chemo for 2 & 1/2 years. She was diagnosed with colon cancer which had spread to her liver and lungs. After doing all the different kinds of chemo and combinations she could, she decided to go off chemo. The drs weren't optimistic about her time frame once she stopped chemo, but she had made her peace and her family was trying to do the same thing.

Marcia passed away this morning.

My mother got to go see her during spring break and then my mom, Sophie, and I went up two weeks ago again. My mom and dad were on their way there this morning when she passed away. I had to call them on their cell phone and let them know so that they had some warning before they showed up at her house. The funeral will be on Monday. My siblings and I are still trying to work out who is going and how. I'm supposed to be going with Aaron to a business conference of his. My sister and brother are supposed to be working. So, we're all trying to rearrange things so that we can go and say goodbye, but more importantly, support my mom.

I hope that no one thinks I sound crass, because that's not my intention, but I'm glad that it was fairly quick. Her quality of life had slipped so much in the last two to three weeks that it's crazy how quick it was. Towards the end she had slipped into a coma. I am thankful that she is released from that body and that condition. I pray that God blesses her children, and my mother, with His Spirit and comfort.

6 comments:

pretendingsanity said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt. xxoo

Camille said...

I was checking out blogs of some of commenters on mine....and came to you. So sorry about your aunt, but so happy for her that she isn't suffering anymore. My thoughts are with your family. Your little Sophie is darling & you are gorgeous.

ErinMartinez said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that God will bless your family with comfort during this difficult time. (((((hugs))))))

DeGooyer Family said...

Lori, I am so sorry. I hope you all find the comfort you need during this difficult time. Please let me know if you need anything. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry about your loss, i hope you mother and the rest of the family are doing ok

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late in responding to you, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, Lori. I don't think you sound crass at all. Sometimes the hardest but most important thing to do is to know that your aunt has been released from her condition and is blessed because of that. I had an uncle who died last week of brain cancer, and I have found comfort in knowing that he won't have anymore suffering, ever. I'm sure your mom and family are grateful for how strong you are and all the support you have given to them.