Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wow it's been a long time

Having Aaron take the camera to China for 2 & 1/2 wks really put a dent in my blogging! Not too much has been happening. Brielle is growing so quickly! Where is the 'slow' button? Hmmm, that sounds odd. I don't want her to be 'slow' - I just don't want to blink and wonder where that teenager came from ;)

Sophie is puking her guts up. Yeah, it's fun around here. Poor girl. The last time she even warned me. I was putting her down for a nap, reading to and rocking her, when she says, "Mommy, I need bowl." I rush out and didn't even get it back to her before I hear the splash. And another splash. And finally, another splash in the bowl. Poor girl. I'm so worried that Brielle will get it too. Ugh.

On a funnier note, Sophie is utterly convinced that Santa says, "No, no, no." I guess he's a very cheery disciplinarian.

Brielle is coo-ing and smiling all the time. And she's just started really laughing too. Why do my kids always laugh first for other people? Ah well. She was laughing at my dad on Thanksgiving. He was rocking her while singing. She LOVES it when he sings to her. He's got a big, deep voice and she was just looking at him in awe. Then she'd smile, then giggle. It was too adorable. Then today I guess Aaron really had her giggling. Yup, I think he's pretty funny too. ;)

And finally, I'm officially on the Bahama Countdown! 11 days until we leave! If you can't tell, I'm super excited. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that Brielle won't get this bug that Sophie has. And also that Sophie will be completely better before we leave. Not only are we leaving her with a babysitter during the days (and Grandma has her at night), but how terrible to be away from home and to not have your mommy when you're sick!?!

Now, I'm hoping to get some time away from the kiddos in the next week and a half to go shopping. I'm hoping to find a good deal on some warmer clothes to take, we'll see. But, I'm afraid finding a new swimming suit in December in Colorado just isn't in the cards.

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

It was so good to see you!!! Hope you have an awesome time in the Bahamas!! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, as if finding a swimming suit in the middle of summer, that doesn't show everything (and doesn't look like it was made for a 10 year old's body), isn't hard enugh, you have to do it in the winter?!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hoping you are all well by now, so lucky with the little holiday. Not jelaous at all :)

I so admire you coping while Aaron is away, i panic if Craig wants to go with friends for a night lol