Saturday, January 5, 2008

The creative mo-jo has returned

Augh, I can't remember the last time that I did something crafty and creative... was it really Oct 2006 making a mermaid costume for Sophie? Really? There has got to be something else since then... but yet, I can't remember anything. I keep busy in my 'free' time (is there really any "free" time as a mom?) - gardening, running, photography, etc. but I definitely have lost my creative mo-jo since becoming a mom of a toddler. Mainly I think it's because I don't want to get all the stuff out, just to have to put it up an hour later when Sophie wakes up or try to wrestle her away from everything. But, I've been missing that part of me and decided to do something about it. Today, I made a cute little clutch purse. I'm looking forward to just sticking my wallet, phone, keys, etc. and sticking it in the diaper bag and going. Then, when I don't have the wee-one, I can just grab it and go.

I regret not taking pictures throughout the process, but ah well. I ended up having to sew it at my mom's house b/c my grandmother had my machine last and well... let's just say there is now a part missing.



Here's it's got my wallet, phone, and keys and definitely could fit more.