Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Pink Green Bag

Ok... the pink-green bag.... not a very catchy name - hmm, I'll need a different one. Anyway, I'm a fan of pink and browns together and loved this material from High-Fashion when I saw it.
I decided to make a reuseable grocery bag out of it - hence the 'green.'
I started it last night after I finished my new, cute, blue clutch (and after Sophie went to bed). So, after church today, I finished it up.

In these pictures, it has a loaf of bread and a box of cereal in it.
It's patterned after a regular, plastic grocery sack and
is gusseted on the sides so that more stuff fits in.
You can see the gussets better in the bottom picture.

I'm not sure if I'll use it for it's intended purpose, of if I'll steal it and put sewing material for my next project in it... hmm, what will the project be? I'm not sure yet... maybe I'll actually buy a pattern! I've been wanting to do some Amy Bulter stuff
(see: http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_top.php)
- and just found out that High-Fashion carries her patterns but not fabric.
But, I think that I may need a little more practice first.

2 comments:

ErinMartinez said...

That is so cute! Have you considered making a diaper bag? I bet you could sell those on eBay easy and make some money!! You are so creative. I wish I could sew!

DeGooyer Family said...

What a cute idea! It turned out really nicely.