Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Sweetie!



(Aaron helping Sophie fly a kite last weekend)



Today is Aaron's birthday! Happy birthday Sweetie - I love you!

In honor of Aaron's 29th birthday, we made a "29 Things We Love About Daddy" List. I hope that you know how special and wonderful he is, but if not, after reading this list, you will!

1. He is so dedicated to our family.
2. He isn't afraid to tell people how it is.
3. He is so smart and knows so much stuff that I don't.
4. He sticks up for his family and his values. (Probably sometimes very hard while traveling and experiencing different cultures.)
5. When we have a problem and we talk about it, he doesn't try to place blame, but always wants to know how we can fix it and what he can do.
6. He supports me in whatever I am doing and encourages me to do my dreams.
7. He is so quick to forgive me.
8. He loves to do new things.
9. He plays with Sophie so much and so well and she is just in love with her daddy!
10. He is so cute and handsome :)
11. He is such a proud daddy.
12. We can have conversations, not fights.
13. I know he'd never hurt me or mean to hurt my feelings.
14. He doesn't mind, in fact really loves, being the only daddy chasing their kid around the playground.
15. He has kept all the letters that I've ever written to him - even before he knew I was "the one."
16. He's so good at his job.
17. He will tell me what he really thinks about a new dish I make.
18. He doesn't mind being silly.
19. He doesn't expect the house to always be clean or dinner to always be made, even though I'm always at home.
20. He'll do stuff with me just b/c I like it, even though he doesn't.
21. He likes to help other people, including his family.
22. He knows so much about the gospel.
23. He gets my jokes, even when they're not funny.
24. He's protective of me and Sophie, as well as his little sisters.
25. He's so good with kids, but doesn't mind being the disciplinarian.
26. He's so wiling to sacrifice for us.
27. He always takes the time to explain to Sophie why she's in time out and then tells her that he loves her.
28. He controls his temper so well and hardly ever, ever raises his voice.
29. He loves us so much too!!
We could have gone on and on, but I figured that since it was his 29th birthday, 29 was fitting.
He's such a wonderful man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Aaron! And yea for Sophie (Fifi...lol) doing well in her surgery. And mom, how are you feeling? :o)

DeGooyer Family said...

Happy Birthday, Aaron!!!