Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sophie Update


Well, time heals some wounds :) lol Sophie is finally starting to feel a little like herself again. For the past almost week, she's been whining constantly. I understand that she's recovering from surgery, but man, that constant whining gets to me. I don't know how else to explain this. I'm sure that most people are thinking "oh, it's not constant - she's just exaggerating." But, seriously, I'm not. I told my parents the same thing, but I don't think they really truly believed me until I took her over there yesterday evening and they actually got to see what was happening.


I'm so grateful for Aaron being home and him being able to work from home this past week. There have been moments where he has to stop working and come out b/c I just had to have a break. He's so good - taking her and throwing her up in the air, playing ring-around-the-rosie, anything to keep her from crying for me for 2 minutes.


Anyway, today was the first day that she let me get two feet away from her w/o her freaking out, so we're making progress. :) She actually did pretty good off and on (it also helps that the weather is nice and we can go outside) today. One of my new friends (She just moved into the ward) and her kids came over today, and that's always nice as it provides a good distraction for Sophie. She's still not eating well (she's on a soft-food only diet) but seems to be breathing better most of the time. (Her throat has been very swollen from the surgery and it's been hard for her to breathe.)
It's so nice to see her smile again. Isn't this the sweetest picture of her reading a book to her dollies? Ahhh, I hope tomorrow is even better than today, or at least as good. PLEASE don't let us go backward again! My emotional sanity can't take it!

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

I'm so sorry, Lori - hopefully she's better today. Call if you want to chat.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Sophie is getting so big, I can't believe how our girls have grown...almost TWO YEARS OLD?!?!? It's just not right...

Anonymous said...

Poor Sophie, i really hope she is getting better now. The CONSTANT winning is really hard to deal with