Monday, April 7, 2008

What a long day...

Yup, it's been a long day.
We had an apt with an ENT today to talk about putting tubes in Sophie's ear. I know that millions of kids have tubes in their ears - heck, the ENT doctor has probably put in thousands himself (he actually took out my tonsils when I was little, so he's quite experienced), but I'm a mom and it still worries me. We were in the office, getting her ears tested, talking to the doctor, filling out surgery paperwork, etc. for about two hours. When we got out, I put her in the car and drove to my parents' house. So, I get out and go to get Sophie out of the car... and this is what I see...


Yeah, my brand new car (well, new to me anyway). A huge dent and scrape from my tail light to the back of the door. UGH UGH UGH And to make it worse, no one left a note. So, about now I'm fuming. I decide to call the doctor's office and see if anyone saw anything. Thankfully and luckily, the person who hit it didn't leave a note, but they did tell the person at the office and left their name and number. So, at least now I know who hit it and, after a pretty akward conversation, have their insurance information. Now, to get it through their insurance and fixed. Man I hope they'll pay for a rental car since that's our only car. What a pain in my butt.

4 comments:

pretendingsanity said...

dude, that sucks!

DeGooyer Family said...

I'm SO sorry!! But at least you got the info. This happened one time to our Dodge, but no one left a note... and it was in a Church parking lot!

Anonymous said...

THAT STINKS!!! (btw I didn't know you had a new car, what is it?) The insurance should pay for a rental; just tell them they have to. lol Sorry about the tubes for Sophie. A couple of friends' kids have them and they swear by them...but I would still be worried if it was Abby. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Man, how awful! What a day huh? Nathan had tubes in his ears all growing up, and they actually did great. He hated getting them, but in general felt so much better all the time because he didn't have ear infections (which are so painful!) I hope it goes okay.