Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We're back

My poor little girl is such a trooper! She is the little road-trippin' queen!

A couple weeks ago we left for my aunt's funeral. That first involved driving to Denver (about a 4 & 1/2 hr drive without stopping), staying the night and picking up my brother. Then the three of us traveled from Denver to Montpelier, ID (a 9 hr drive approximately). My aunt's funeral was the following day. I might post more about the actual services later. Anyway, after the funeral we drove about 3 hrs to NoWhere, WY and drove the rest of the way (another 6 hrs) the next day. That's 22 & 1/2 hrs at least in the car in four days and Sophie did GREAT. There were a few stretches of "oh my gosh I might go crazy" but they were very, very few and far between. Overall, she did great.

Then, we were able to stay with Aaron in Denver (he had a business conference there and couldn't go with us to Idaho) for another week. We ended up coming home this week a little early b/c Sophie was sick and my parents were convienantly coming home from my brother's graduation from ER residency.

Anyway, how boring is all that that I just wrote..... snooooorrre
However, I just wanted to share a few cute things with you.
On the way through Idaho and parts of WY there are tons of cows and other farm animals. Sophie loves animals and we were pointing them all out to her. However, she started this conversation after every herd we passed. Eventually we stopped, as you can see why.

Sophie: Mommy, where cow go?
Me: We passed the cow, he's behind us.
Sophie: Todd (my brother), where cow go?
Todd: He's back there.
Sophie: Mommy, where cow go?
Me: Cow is eating dinner.
Sophie: Todd, where cow go?
Todd: Cow is back there.
Sophie: Mommy, where cow go?
Me: Cow went bye-bye.

and then she said this which kinda shocked me and I thought was too cute.
Sophie: Mommy, where bye-bye?
Todd: A lot of people go there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!
And by the way, I know this now because I've been traveling ALL OVER the state to monitor and audit the state's courts, but EVERYWHERE in Wyoming is NOWHERE!
:)
I'm glad your trip was good.

Anonymous said...

Aww so cute, you must be so proud she done so well in the car.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how smart she is! So smart and pretty and polite!

DeGooyer Family said...

Glad you made it back OK - I'll call you sometime this week!