Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Randomness

Monday Sophie had her 2 year well baby checkup with the dr (who we love btw). All is well. She was quite impressed with how much language Sophie has already. She's in the 90th percentile for height and about the 25th for weight - pretty normal for her.

Yesterday I had another baby-checkup. Baby is doing well. I'm still anemic - no surprise there. I was really bad when I was pg with Sophie. Anyway, they ran some special blood tests to find out why I'm anemic because I don't fit the 'typical' pregnancy anemia. Well, they came back and basically the dr told me that it boils down to "I have absolutely no idea why you're anemic." Ummm, ok. He said that he's going to call a friend of his who is a hematologist/oncologist to see what she says. At that word, my mind starts freaking out a bit... oncologist. Last time I had to see an oncologist, I had an ovary and fallopian tube removed Nintendo style through my belly button. I'm sure it's nothing - and the dr said that he thinks it's probably nothing too. It's just that word.

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

I hope everything is OK!!! I'm sure it is. I'll be thinking about you, so let me know when you hear back from the dr.