Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Checkin' In

Wow, I feel popular ;) More people have called in the last two days than in... the last two weeks maybe? lol They all think that I'm going into labor and not telling anyone apparently. My mom, dad, sister, and even Aaron get paranoid if they don't hear from me for awhile. (Of course, I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate the calls - I love to hear from everyone! :)

Seriously, I went to the grocery store with Sophie today to stock up on everything before the baby comes - you know, the essentials like milk, bread, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc; the post-baby essentials, but I won't get into those; and of course the freezer food. I very rarely buy freezer food... like once in a blue moon. Most the time I'd rather my family eat sandwiches than the sodium laced, pricey freezer stuff. However, we now have at least a week's worth of only freezer stuff if we need it for after the baby is born. Ok, I digress... I call Aaron on my way home to get him to come outside and help us bring the mountain of groceries in the house. And he says... "You were gone for a long time. I was getting worried that maybe you went into labor or something." Seriously? Like I'm going to go into labor and not call my husband? Right....

So, I figure updating the blog every day is a handy way for you all to see that I'm currently still very big and pregnant. And I think my body will stay that way until Friday. Earlier in the week I was having some major contractions and whatnot, but it seems to have calmed down more today. Grocery shopping was even uneventful in the contraction department.

On the down side - I think I am now getting the cold that has been passed around my house for the last two and a half weeks. My throat is killing me. I'm trying to head it off with lots of vitamin C and lots of fluids, but so far it doesn't seem to be getting better. Sophie is still feeling sick too, although not as bad as before. Oh come on! We all need to get healthy SOON!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys all get feeling better soon! No fun going through labor AND having a cold at the same time. That's just cruel! :( Good luck on Friday morning! You'll have to post pictures ASAP so people stop worrying so much about you. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know about labor - but I know about recovery and new babies and I REALLY hope that you don't catch the cold. And it stinks cuz you can't take much - although you may be so far along that maybe the dr would let you take something? Feel better soon!!

DeGooyer Family said...

Oh, I hope you don't get sick. And you shouldn't need all of that freezer food, because people should be bringing you meals! I'll send one, too. (Not in the mail, of course. =) Best wishes tomorrow - wish I could be there to meet the newest little Troxel! You guys will just have to come visit sometime SOON. =)