Monday, September 15, 2008

No baby shower for you!

LOL (Did you read the subject heading with your best Soup Nazi impersonation? I hope so!)

Well, it looks like we'll have a baby before too much longer :)

This is how the dr's apt this morning went....

Dr: Hi Lori, how are you feeling?
Me: Uncomfortable.
Dr: Uncomfortable b/c you're pregnant, or uncomfortable b/c you're sitting on paper wearing paper?
Me: Well, both actually.

***hm hmmm hmmmm - insert lovely internal exam here - that hurts like you know what.***

Dr: Well, you're a very well established 4 cms.
Me: What?
Dr: I think we should see what days are available at the birthing unit.
Me: What? Really? Do you think I need to be induced?
Dr: Well, if you don't want to, then I'm not going to try to force you. But with how quick your other labor was, I think it's a very good idea.
Me: Uh, ok. How soon are we talking?
Dr: We'll have to call and check the available dates at the hospital, but I'd say it should be by Friday.
Me: I'm supposed to have a baby shower on Saturday.
Pause......
Me: Can I talk to my husband and then get back to you?
Dr: Sure.

***insert nurse***
Nurse: Ok, they have Wed, Thur, or Frid available.
Me: Of this week? Uh, ok. Let me talk to my husband first and I'll call you.

thud, thud, thud, thud, thud.....

That would have been my heart pounding in the last line there. A baby by Friday? Wow - am I ready? Uh, no. Am I excited, definitely. Am I freaking out a little? Uh, yeah. It seems that there is so much left to be done. I know that even if stuff doesn't get done, it's not the end of the world. The baby isn't going to care if my lawn is mowed or the hedges trimmed. The baby won't care if the house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be. The baby will only care that she's with her mommy and daddy, sister, and lots of family that love her. Oh yeah, and the whole milk bit. Definitely will care about the whole milk bit, but luckily that's built in. ;) However my daughter and husband best get over their colds ASAP! (That's what I'm the most worried about. If Sophie is sick, she can't come to the hospital to meet her sister - ugh, how terrible would that be! Get better quickly Punpkin!!)

Oh yeah, so we asked for Friday to give us as much time as possible to get Sophie over her little cold and Daddy 100% healthy too. Hopefully that date is still available. Otherwise, we might have a little one sooner! Ooohh, I'm starting to get even more excited!

5 comments:

Kate said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you!!! And hopefully you get all those awesome baby shower gifts anyway. (Who knows maybe you'll have a "welcome baby" shower instead.) :)

Kati said...

AWW!! That's so exciting! I am so excited for you! It will be way fun, no worries! Well, you know. lol

Anonymous said...

Yea! You will just have to have a "pass baby around" shower in a few weeks...those are more fun, anyway. I'm so excited for you!!!

DeGooyer Family said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear the good news! =)

ErinMartinez said...

Oooo, I can totally relate to everything you said! Isaac came down with strep throat 2 days before Gabi was born so he had to get a super shot to clear it up! You are almost at the end!! How exciting! I can't wait to see photos of your sweet girl!