Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ahh, a vacation

As you probably know, Aaron and I finally got away by ourselves for a few days. It was the first time that I left Sophie overnight and I was definitely more worried about it than she was. She did great at Grandma's and had a lot of fun. I'm awfully grateful that Sophie has such wonderful grandparents!

Hubby and I drove to Salt Lake City and played around. The first night we relaxed and had dinner (hmmmm, sushi - my favorite!) and just enjoyed each other's company.

The next day we spent downtown - at temple square mostly. Here are a few of our favorite pics. I can't take credit for most of these. Aaron took the majority of them.


I LOVE this one. If you don't recognize it, it's the handle of door to the temple.
It says "Holiness To The Lord" and can you believe that the casts for this were made by hand? They're simply gorgeous.

Doing the touristy thing. I bet his Scotland shirt might have thrown a few people off.





Aaron and I are sitting on this cute, romantic, little hidden away bench by the temple taking pictures of random things when all of a sudden this hummingbird flies up - right to us! This DOES NOT have zoom on it. Seriously the bird was maybe four inches away from our lense. He was a very curious little creature. He reminded me of a Disney character :)

Here is a picture of the Moroni statue on the top of the temple.

Okay, you're thinking... "a picture of a bench? Why?"
This bench has special meaning to me and Aaron... it's where he proposed, forever ago!
(This is right next to the temple, on the back side.)
He was wanting to do it at the lover's bench just a few yards from this one, but there were already people there. Of course, I had no idea what was happening, so I insisted that we just sit here instead. A little while later, we were engaged!



Those were just some of the highlights from our trip. We enjoyed ourselves - and also enjoyed coming back. I missed Sophie.
On a side note, our drain IS now fixed. My good friend Alana actually called her brother, who lives in town, and had him come over to look at it. He's a year away from being a master plumber. What a good friend! I'm so grateful for my friends. Thank you!

4 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Yay! I'm glad you had such a fun time. Wow, Aaron is a really good photographer! The photos are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

that is an amazing picture of the hummingbird! All the pictures are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip , i cannot wait for the day when DH and i can get away by ourselves for a few days.

Teresa said...

What a wonderful way to spend some alone time with hubby. I am so glad that ya'll were able to do this before the new little one comes. It is always refreshing when we are able to get away and reawaken those wonderful first time feelings of love. I love the pictures. David and I were married in the Salt Lake temple and these pics are wonderful!