Monday, August 25, 2008

It's been a long time...

It's not like me to leave my blog so... un-updated for so long.

Pretty much my excuse is that I can't stand TV anymore (which I normally have on in the background when I am on the computer) so I've been reading, reading, reading. First it was Twilight that my MIL and SIL convinced me to read. Can I just say that I LOVED it? Yeah, it was written for teenage girls. Hey, I was one of those.... awhile ago ;) So, after Twilight I had to read the other three books in the series, of course. Then I read The Peacegiver. After I finshed that one, it was Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald. Now it's Shiva Dancing by Bharti Kirchner. It feels like I'm forgetting one, but that might be it.

Of course, that's all in addition to our normal routine. I love being a stay at home mommy! It really hit me when everyone started going back to school. If I was still teaching, I'd be one of them. I'd be getting ready to put her in daycare, I'd be grading papers late into the night after she went to bed. Ugh. I can't stand the thought of leaving her - and she's 2 already! I know that there are so many mommies out there that would give most things to be able to stay home with their children. I am so lucky that we have that opportunity. We might not have the nicest things, or a lot of things in general, but I have what is most important.

Anyway, I digress. I just thought we would update you as to what's been going on around here. Maybe not the most exciting family out there, but we love it!

First of all, one of Sophie's favorite animals is a camel... yes, you read that right, a camel. I don't know why. When we went to the zoo, we sat and stared forever at the hairy butts that were probably 100 yards in the distance. She loves camels. So, when my parents found out they were doing camel rides again (she rode one at the county fair), we all went. I wish that I could have gotten her reaction on video - she totally freaked out when she saw the camel. "Mommy - camel! CAMEL. CAMEL! CAMEL!!!" It was TOO funny.

Sophie absolutely loves her dollies as well. She'll be such a good little sister (once we establish some boundries that is). Here she is surrounded by most of her babies. She was reading them all a story.
Daddy put in tile in our bathroom. Sophie wanted to help too :)

Who would have known that some of the best toys aren't toys?
I bought some of the rubbermaid bins to store unused toys and outgrown clothes. Sophie thinks it's great. My little angel. I think I was keeping her entertained by taking pictures of random things that she wanted to see. We have a lot of pictures of the cat, her dollies, and both of our feet, but I didn't think that you'd want to see that :) I am in serious need of a pedicure!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you loved Twilight huh? I am so happy because I just put a hold on it at the library! I am only 20 on the list! I just haven't been interested in anything recently. . .

Mallory said...

Oh! I just finished Twilight and New Moon. It is totally ridiculous how much I loved them! I am on my way to the library to get Eclipse!