Saturday, August 2, 2008

Big Oil's biggest quarter ever: $51.5B in all

This is just a short clip of an article in the Yahoo news. Frankly, it makes me sick. The gas prices are affecting everything - the price of food, the price of commercial goods, and obviously the ability of lower and middle class families to make it anymore. As a family where only one of us works (my hubby), the only thing that I can say, is that it just makes me sick to my stomach that these people are pulling in such huge profits while most of us are scrapping to get by. Just sick.

HOUSTON - "Oil giants Chevron Corp. and Total SA wrapped up a string of gargantuan, record-breaking earnings reports Friday, a stretch in which six of the major international oil companies topped $50 billion in combined profit for the first time. "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the fact that they get BILLIONS of dollars every year in government subsidies and huge tax breaks!