Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh yeah, baby update

Oh yeah... so did you know that the sour cream and the cottage cheese in my fridge now have longer expiration dates than I do? (My due date that is, if you didn't catch on.)

Hmm, I flip between that freaking me out a little and then thinking that I've already been pregnant forever so what is taking so long? I feel like we have so much to do in order to get ready for this baby to come home. Yet, anyone who has been pg lately would probably tell you that if feels like you've been pregnant for five years! Everyone keeps asking 'how much longer' and I just cringe... probably 5 more weeks! Ugh, that isn't much time. And double ugh that it isn't sooner!

I was in the dr's office yet again today for another apt. I love my dr - he's great. However, I hate all the waiting as of late. It didn't used to be that bad, but now you wait for an hour for a 5-10 min apt. I took Sophie with me today b/c Aaron is still (and again, which ever way you want to look at it) out of town. Luckily she was a pretty good girl, but anyone knows that trying to entertain a two year old in a dr's office for over an hour is not... stress free. Let's leave it at that.

Hmmm, seems like this has become more of a rant than an update. Sorry about that. I guess I'll get to the update part.
*Everything is looking good so far. :)
*In two weeks we go into the hospital to do all of our paperwork and tour and whatnot. We should have done it sooner, but we wanted an evening apt so we could leave the little one with my parents.
*My dr said that he'd consider inducing me as early as 38 weeks (which is Sept 15th). We haven't decided if we want to do that or wait for it to be spontaneous. I guess we'll wait and see.
*And we start having fun 'internals' next apt... good thing Aaron will be home and can watch Sophie. Wouldn't want to take her to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That's all I have to say about doctor's appointments, mostly because I can't think of anything positive to say!
I am glad everything looks good!

ErinMartinez said...

Nothing like a good ol' internal exam to brighten your day ;) I don't miss those! At least you can see the finish line. I went nuts toward the end and cleaned for a week straight like a maniac. Glad to hear all is well!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is going so well. It's getting close! Just think, with a new little one, you won't have to resort to taking pictures of your unmanicured toes anymore. You'll have someone new to take cute pictures of!